Looking for something different to take to the next potluck? Try this light and somewhat exotic, abalone pate as a topping for crackers or as a filling for lettuce wraps.
Abalone Pate with Asian Accents
1 lb canned abalone
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
few drops of sesame oil
3 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
1/3 cup celery, finely diced
1/3 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
1. Drain the abalone and cut into small chunks..
2. Mix together the marinade ingredients, pour over the abalone and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. In food processor pulse the abalone and marinade until the abalone is finely minced, so it still has texture.
4. Mix in the finely diced veggies. Transfer mixture to serving bowl.
5. Serve with crackers or romaine lettuce.