Root vegetables have a lot of natural sweetness. The combination of flavors in this stir-fry is very satisfying. Roots have all the energy of the summer sun stored. So enjoy this captured summer sun for dinner tonight!
Winter Root Vegetable Stir-Fry
6 cups of julienned root vegetables (Julienne means to slice thin to about the size of a match stick.)
Use a mix of root vegetables: carrots, parsnips, Daikon radish, yellow beets, celery root, rutabaga, turnip.
1 tablespoon ginger root, diced
1 green onion, chopped
¼ bunch of cilantro. chopped
1 medium clove garlic. chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 ½ tablespoons sesame oil
¼ cup mirin wine (available in Asian grocery stores)
Coconut Oil for frying
Tip: Start some rice cooking. Probably 2 cups of dry rice for this amount of veggies.
1) Prepare the veggies.
2) Put the sauce ingredients in the blender and blend well.
3) Heat the coconut oil in a sauté pan to medium hot.
4) Add the veggies and stir-fry until tender.
5) Add the sauce to the veggies, mix well to evenly coat the veggies in the sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
6) Serve veggies over rice. It’s a Yum Ranch dinner!